Here are some very useful downloads to help our clients begin the journey of designing and building a new home. Please feel free to call us anytime if you have any specific questions about your project. We would love to help you and provide you with some specific feedback and advice.
- The BEST Questions to ask your architect (PDF Document)
This is a great list of important questions to ask an architect before you hire them. This is going to be helpful as you’re trying to start the process and are wondering how you even begin to select an architect. Hopefully this list we created will start you in the right direction.
- BEST Questions to ask your Builder (PDF Document)
Well….Since Architects are put under the Gun, here’s the same for Builders. So here is a great list of great questions to ask a Builder before you hire them. There are a lot of items to consider and picking the right builder is as critical as finding the right Architect. Hopefully this list we created will start you in the right direction.
- McMansion Ordinance (PDF Document)
This is City of Austin ordinance that defines the residential and compatibility standards for certain areas of Austin.
- Texas Native Plants & Trees (PDF Document)
This is an excellent resource for selecting native plants and trees for your landscaping needs. It will help you select beautiful native and adapted plants which are naturally drought tolerant and resistant to pests and diseases.
- Client & Builder References
Please email us, and we will be happy to send you a list of references and completed projects organized by neighborhood.
- New Home Questionnaire
Please email us, and we will be happy to email you a “New Home Questionnaire” that will help you formulate the programming for your new home. This is a tool that will let you start organizing your thoughts and vision for your new home, as well as stimulate some thoughts about things you may not have considered.
- Spray Foam Guide ( PDF Document). This useful Guide helps new Homeowners understand the basics of Spray Foam and how to prep your home for installation.
- Solar Ready Planning Guide (PDF Document). This helpful report outlines the basics of Solar Ready design with Checklists & general solar Guidelines.